AAA has issued revised Commercial Arbitration Rules that will apply to cases filed as of October 1, 2013.
The revisions include:
- a mediation step for all cases with claims of $75,000 or more (subject to the ability of any party to opt-out)
- arbitral control over information exchange (discovery)
- the availability of emergency measures of protection
- access to dispositive motions
- new preliminary hearing rules as well as remedies and sanctions for non-compliance
The original article can be found here.